Committed to better energy, over 98,000 employees help throughout the world to provide the Group’s customers with products and services that are safer, more affordable, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to the greatest number of people.
Total puts Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at the heart of its activities and conducts its operations according to the following principles of:
- protecting the safety and security of people and its facilities;
- limiting its environmental footprint;
- ensuring that its Code of Conduct is applied in its sphere of operations;
- incorporating the challenges of sustainable development in the exercise of its activities;
- increasing its local operations by placing dialogue with its stakeholders at the heart of its policy and contributing to the economic and social development of the regions where the Group has operations with the objective of creating shared value;
- promoting equal opportunities and fostering diversity and cultural mix among its personnel.
Working together towards the Brunei Energy White Paper and Vision 2035. Total in Brunei has partnered with the EIDPMO to identify and select students to pursue their Master’s Degrees through Total's Education Scholarship Scheme. This program was initiated as part of Total's commitment and support towards developing the nation's oil and gas competency, knowledge and skills.
Total works closely with Petroleum Brunei to develop and train the locals, increasing their technical competency and knowledge required in the oil ad gas industry.